Some of the benefits of music therapy are:
- overall cardiovascular health,
- increases in blood flow & oxygenation,
- increases in energy production through enzyme stimulation,
- decreases in the risks of chronic diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure, & cholesterol,
- increases of blood stroke volume,
- increases in healthy cholesterol,
- decreasing unhealthy triglycerides,
- increases in overall immune health,
- increases in the production of endorphins & other neurotransmitters,
- regulation of all 4 brainwave patterns (eg. Alpha, beta, theta, & delta),
- bridges association areas for memories/creates association areas for new material,
…and much more.
Who can benefit from music therapy? Is music therapy a reimbursable service?